NS51 Series 15.6″ ultrabook with Dasharo by NovaCustom
This is the NS51 Series laptop by NovaCustom with the coreboot-based Dasharo open-source firmware. To understand the value of open-source firmware please visit coreboot website. If you want to understand the difference between Dasharo and coreboot please explore the Dasharo Universe.
This product is assembled & shipped directly from the manufacturer with free shipping and customs duty-free worldwide!
To fully configure your laptop, please purchase through the affiliate link:
up to 2 working days – order packed and transferred to courier
Poland – up to 2 working days
This laptop is very unique because of its firmware. Where other laptop suppliers use the default Insyde proprietary BIOS, the NovaCustom laptops are supplied with coreboot-based Dasharo open-source firmware.
You will get 5 years of security updates which can be downloaded and installed via the fwupd application (GNU/Linux only).
Visibility - we have more control over that kind of software. We can examine the code to make sure it’s not doing anything we don’t want it to do, and we can change parts of it we don’t like.
Security - we consider it more secure and stable than proprietary software. Because anyone can view and modify open-source software, someone might spot and correct errors or omissions that a program’s original authors might have missed.
Usability - we claim, that public distribution of the source code for open-source software provides users that are relying on that software for critical tasks an assurance that their tools won’t disappear or fall into disrepair if their original creators stop working on them.
|Specification||NS51 Series 15.6" ultrabook with coreboot|
|Processor||• Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7 processor (10nm SuperFin, Quad Core (8 Threads) 2.4GHz, 4.2GHz Turbo, DDR4-2933MHz, 8MB Smart Cache, TDP: 12-28W)
• Intel® Core™ i7-1165G7 processor (10nm SuperFin, Quad Core (8 Threads) 2.8GHz, 4.7GHz Turbo, DDR4-2933MHz, 12MB Smart Cache, TDP: 12-28W)
|RAM||• Dual channel DDR4
• Two 260 pins SODIMM sockets, support DDR4 2933MHz (Real operation frequency depends on processor)
• Expandable memory up to 64GB, depends on 4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB SODIMM Module
|Display||• 15.6” (39.62cm) FHD (1920×1080) 60Hz LED N7, 99% sRGB, Mat finish|
|Storage||• One M.2 SSD 2280, PCIe Gen3/Gen4 interface
• One M.2 SSD 2280, S-ATA / PCIe Gen3 interface
|Audio||• High Definition Audio
• Built in array microphone
• Built in two speakers
|Graphics||• Intel® Xe Graphics|
|Keyboard||• Multi languages Multi-Color illuminated full size keyboard with numeric pad|
|Pointing device||• Built in Touch pad with Microsoft PTP multi-gesture and scrolling function|
|I/O Ports||• 1 x USB 2.0 port
• 1 x USB 3.0 (USB3.1 Gen 1) port (Type A)
• 1 x USB 3.1 (USB3.1 Gen 2) port (Type C) Thunderbolt™ 4 combo port – supports charging over USB-C (PowerDelivery, min. 60W)
• 1 x USB 3.1 (USB3.1 Gen 2) port (Type C)
• 1 x HDMI™ output port (with HDCP)
• 1 x 2-in-1 Audio Jack combo port (Headphone / Microphone)
• 1 x RJ-45 LAN port
• 1 x DC-in jack
|Card Reader||• Micro-SD Card reader|
|Design||• Metal (bottom part)
• Resilient synthetic material (other parts)
• USB Power Delivery / DC-in Function
|Communication||• Built in 10/100/1000Mb Base-TX Ethernet LAN
• WiFi card, refer to configurator
• 1.0M HD video camera or (Factory Option) Windows Hello Camera
|Power supply||• Full Range AC adapter, AC in 100~240V, 50~60Hz, DC output 19V 3.42A, 65W
• Embedded Polymer Smart Lithium-Ion battery pack, 73WH
• Battery life: 450 minutes (with 73WH battery)
|Security||• Security (Kensington® Type) Lock Slot
• TPM 2.0
• Area Fingerprint (optional)
|OS Support||• Windows® 11 (64-bit)
|Firmware||Dasharo coreboot firmware with 5 years of security updates|
|Dimension & Weight||• 357(W) x 220.5(D) x 19.9(H)mm
• 1.7kg,Including Barebone and 73WH battery
- 3 years of warranty (1 year limited warranty on the battery)
- 5 years of firmware security updates
- 7 years of spare parts availability